Thursday 19 June 2014

When I was young

Have you sometimes wished that you could turn back the clock? Remember those carefree days when we were just teens or younger? I grew up in the era when iPads, Wiis and Xboxes were never heard of, let alone have played them. I led a rather simple childhood. For some of you, you may have heard of games like Hop-scotch, 5 stones, Congkak, Gasing, Marbles and Capteh. When my dad travelled, he would come back with barbie doll and her accessories! 

Those days were simple and yet we were able to 'entertain' ourselves in the absence of technology. Just last week, I met up with some of my classmates from the University. We were feeling nostalgic when talking about the crazy things that we used to do and we were creating such a din that I think the restaurant owner wish that he would just keep our mouth shut. As we spoke, we took out our iphones and started to add each other on our facebook. Then, all of the sudden, an uneasy silence fell on us! Why? We were 'talking without a sound' through our facebook!

Anyway, I am glad in this 'silent SL' that most of us are living in, I could still find a playground that reminds me of my childhood. Clad in Masoom gatcha garden top and Susu sandals, I am now all ready for a day of reliving the good old days.
ntertained themselves in the absence of technology like today’s. - See more at: http://www.nlb.gov.sg/blogs/ask/adults/637#sthash.sAcsUSvx.dpuf
ntertained themselves in the absence of technology like today’s. - See more at: http://www.nlb.gov.sg/blogs/ask/adults/637#sthash.sAcsUSvx.dpuf
ntertained themselves in the absence of technology like today’s. - See more at: http://www.nlb.gov.sg/blogs/ask/adults/637#sthash.sAcsUSvx.dpuf

Hop-scotch anyone?

Outfit: Masoom ~ Toon Top [rare items] @ GATCHA GARDEN
Hair: [left] booN ~IRK178, [right] Truth ~ Bunny
Shoe: SuSu ~  Pandora Pink Slink Sandals
[CLICK here] to the playground
[CLICK here] to Masoom mainstore

No comments:

Post a Comment